Required Documents

Before starting online registration, please gather these required documents.

 Additionally, you will need:

* Name, address of schools your student has previously attended (not preschool).
* The names and contact information for afterschool providers.
* The names and phone numbers of three people in addition to parents/guardians who will be authorized to pick up the student from school. 
* Student health information including doctors' and dentists' names and contact information.

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to enroll a new student
(Printable checklist  lista en español)
(For currently enrolled students only: List of documents required to verify your address)

I. Proof of Age: (Age requirements AR 5111 - Admission)

ONE of the following documents

• Birth certificate (cannot be an abstract)

• Valid passport

• Baptismal record

II. Proof of Immunization and Tuberculosis test/risk assessment

Provide up-to-date and documented immunizations and TB risk assessment or skin test performed by a healthcare provider within 12 months prior to school registration.  

Click here to see immunization detailed requirements (immunization detailed requirements in Spanish) or visit regulations are effective July 2019.

III. Proof of Residency  (Click here to locate your school)

• Complete the Statement of Residence form (Declaración de Domicilio)


ONE (1) of the following, Parent/Legal Guardian's picture ID:

• Current State Driver's License/ID

• Current State ID Card

• Valid Passport

• Consulate issued picture ID or Military ID


ONE (1) of the following  documents with parent/guardian's name and Mountain View address:

• Current Lease or Rental Agreement (Military housing residents need to provide "Assignment to Quarters"
form from the Base Housing Department.)
• Monthly Space Rent (Mobile Home Parks)
• Monthly Mortgage Statement
• Property Tax bill
• Yearly tax assessment postcard 


ONE (1) of the following documents with parent/guardian's name and Mountain View address:

• PG&E bill
• City Water/Sewer bill
• Cable Bill
• Current Phone bill (cellphone or landline)
• Car Registration (not pink slip)
• 1040 Income Tax Form
• Bank Statement
• State or Federal mail
• Other to be determined by District

• IF APPLICABLE: Parents/guardians who cannot provide the required proof of residency must complete the Affidavit of Parent Residence (Declaración Jurada de Domicilio).  In addition to the Affidavit, the registered resident must provide either the Property Tax Bill in their name or the Lease-Rental Agreement in their name.  

Note: If you have uncertain housing, a temporary address or no permanent physical address, your child is guaranteed enrollment in MVWSD by the federal McKinney-Vento Act and California state law. You can enroll your child without the residency documents typically required. For questions during the school year, contact Priscila Bogdanic at 650-526-3500 ext 1120. During the summer break, contact Evelyn Lopez at 650-526-3500 ext 1044. Housing questionnaire in English and Spanish

IV. If Applicable:

 • Special Education Services, if your student receives additional services for a learning disability, such as special day class, resources, or speech, etc., it would be extremely helpful if you provide a copy of the most current IEP at the time of registration.

 • Legal Matter/Custody/Orders, etc., to clearly define custody, restraining orders, etc., provide a copy of the court order that has been filed with the courts at the time of registration. 

• Proof of Health Examination, for students entering 1st grade. Not required for kindergarten entry.

If you have questions about registration at MVWSD

*Email [email protected]
*Call 650-526-3500 x 1008

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.