Health & Medical Plans- Effective Jan. 1, 2024

To help take care of you and those who depend on you, MVWSD contributes to the cost for insurance medical, dental and vision plans. Annually, there is an open enrollment period. MVWSD’s employees’ health benefits are provided through United Health Care and Kaiser, as part of a Joint Powers Agreement with School Insurance Group (SIG).

Watch the benefits video by clicking on the image below

During the Open Enrollment period, each eligible staff member can enroll for new coverage or make a change in status if necessary. No action is needed if you are not planning to make changes to benefits for the coming year.  To check your benefits, log on to Workterra(The company name is “Mountain View Whisman SD.” Your User ID will be the first character of your first name, followed by your full Last Name. Your password is one that you have already set up.)  For help with Workterra, click here

The District's Open Enrollment Period for benefits runs annually from November 1 through November 30. 

For 2024:
   * You may change your medical carrier from your existing carrier to either United HealthCare or Kaiser.
   * You may add or drop a person from your medical (United HealthCare or Kaiser)
   * You may drop a person from your dental and/or vision for the High and Low plans only. 
   * You MAY NOT make ANY changes to your vision Premium plan. 
   * You MAY NOT make ANY changes to your dental Premium plan UNLESS you are enrolling in the Dental Indemnity plan.
   * You may drop your current dental plan to enroll in the Dental Indemnity plan.

To view the providers available on United Health Care:
1. Log on to:
2. Select, “Find a Provider”
3. Select “Medical Directory”
4. Select “All UHC Plans”
5. Select “SignatureValue Plans”
6. Select “Medical Directory”
7. Select “California”
8. Select either “SignatureValue HMO"- *includes Sutter or “SignatureValue Advantage HMO” - does *not* include Sutter
9. Enter your search criteria

Employee Benefits

Employee benefits guide 2024
Delta Indemnity plan

Benefit Rates- Effective Jan. 1, 2024

Medical, Dental and Vision Plan rates


If you have questions regarding medical coverage or other benefits, please contact Kimberly Martinez and Michael Hernandez.


In addition to the District’s contribution to your STRS/PERS retirement account, you have the option to open tax-savings accounts, such as 403(b)/457 plans. For information, contact Doris Wang by email or at (408) 396-6988.

Flexible Spending Accounts, Life, Disability, Accident, and Other Policies
You can enroll for a Section 125 Flex Spending Account (FSA for medical, dependent care expenses) and other policies such as Life, Accident, Disability, etc.  Please click here for information on the FSA and other policies available. To make an appointment, click here or call  775-382-1287 or email [email protected].


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.