Health & Medical Plans- Effective Jan. 1, 2020

link to health benefits video 2020
Click here for the health benefits 2020 introductory video

To help take care of you and those who depend on you, MVWSD contributes to the cost for the insurance medical, dental and vision plans listed above. Annually, there is an open enrollment period.

In order to keep health benefits consistent and low-cost for employees, effective Jan. 1, 2020,  MVWSD’s employees’ health benefits changed from Anthem to United Health Care. Those who have Kaiser can choose to stay on Kaiser.

This is not MVWSD’s decision to change. Our district is part of a Joint Powers Agreement with School Insurance Group (SIG), and SIG is making the change from Anthem to United Health Care for reasons of cost and service. In addition to medical benefits changes, there are some changes in plans and the ways you sign up for District Dental and Vision insurance. 

To check and confirm your benefits, log on to Workterra(Your User ID will be the first character of your first name, followed by your full Last Name (all lowercase). Your password will be your entire Last Name followed by the First 4 of your Social Security Number.) For help with Workterra, click here

To view the providers available on United Health Care:
1. Log on to:
2. Select, “Find a Provider”
3. Select “Medical Directory”
4. Select “All UHC Plans”
5. Select “SignatureValue Plans”
6. Select “Medical Directory”
7. Select “California”
8. Select either “SignatureValue HMO"- *includes Sutter or “SignatureValue Advantage HMO” - does *not* include Sutter
9. Enter your search criteria

Benefit Rates- Effective Jan. 1, 2020

Vision Benefit Rates
Dental Benefit Rates
Kaiser Benefit Rates
UHC PPO Benefit Rates
UHC HMO Benefit Rates

Comparisons - Effective Jan. 1, 2020

Medical Plans Comparison - UHC and KP
Medical Plans Comparison - UHC and Anthem
Delta Dental Plans Comparison
Vision Plans Comparison

If you have questions regarding medical coverage or other benefits, please contact Kimberly Martinez or Michael Hernandez.


In addition to the District’s contribution to your STRS/PERS retirement account, you have the option to open tax-savings accounts, such as 403(b)/457 plans. For information, contact Doris Wang by email or at (408) 396-6988.

Flexible Spending Accounts

You can enroll for a Section 125 Flex Spending Account (FSA) for medical and dependent care expenses. To make an appointment with Colonial, click here.


Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.