Mountain View Whisman School District English Language Learner Program
The Mountain View Whisman School District is committed to working in concert with administrators, teachers, support staff, district staff, community members, students, and parents to provide the most effective instructional programs for English Learners for them to be successful.
Our District is committed to closing the achievement gap for all students and we aim to provide our English Learners with outstanding ongoing support through a cycle of instruction, assessment, monitoring, and evaluation. All district staff is accountable for ensuring that programs for English Learners are optimally effective and everyone in our district is to follow the procedures specified in our Master Plan for English Language Learners.
Language and Academic Goals:
- Every ELL will gain one proficiency level on the CELDT every year.
- Every ELL will meet reclassification criteria within 5 years in US schools
- Every ELL will meet or exceed grade level standards.
- Develop and implement effective programs for English Learners as described in the Master Plan for English Learners;
- Ensure that all English Learners access and master the English language in a timely manner;
- Ensure that all English Learners access and master the core curriculum and meet grade level standards;
- Decrease the risk of failure and retention;
- Promote bi-literacy in Dual Immersion Alternative Programs;
- Strengthen parent involvement and engagement in their child’s academic plans;
- Increase English Learner participation in advanced academic programs and enrichment opportunities;
- Engage English Learners in meaningful cultural, social, and academic activities
- Minimum of 30 minutes a day for all English language learners
- K-5 ELD Rotations
- 6-8 ELD Designated or mainstream ELA block
|Name||Title||Phone Number||Area of Responsibility|