In October 2008, the Mountain View Whisman School District Board of Trustees approved the development of a comprehensive master plan for district facilities, which is now referred to as the Student Facilities Improvement Plan (SFIP). The SFIP will guide all major facilities improvements over the ten years following its adoption and is being developed in the following steps:
- Demographic Analysis — analysis of District demographic, enrollment, and housing trends for the next ten years
- Conditions and Needs Analysis — analysis of existing facilities and their current/future needs, including enrollment and demographic trends, broad program needs, and enhancements;
- Guiding Principles — values, priorities, and goals that govern the development of the SFIP;
- Program Standards — specific program-related needs, including all aspects of our various curricula and student populations;
- Scenarios — school plan options for meeting the next decade of needs for our facilities, students, and community, based upon our Guiding Principles and Program Standards; and
- Student Facilities Improvement Plan — a ten-year plan based upon feedback form the community, staff, parents, students, and the Board of Trustees.
Since October 2008, the Board of Trustees has held a series of meetings and study sessions related to the SFIP and there have been a variety of public forums to present progress and seek input. The links on this page provide information made available with respect to those Board meetings and public forums.
|SFIP Committee Members